Triathlon Training Exercises: Stability Ball Russian Twist
Coach Amber was featured in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel again for the 4th week demonstrating another great exercise geared towards those training for a triathlon! These exercises are also great at home workouts for beginners. This week, Amber shows us how to do a Stability Ball Russian Twist!
What you will need:
- A Stability Ball
- A Medicine Ball – or other weighted object
How To Do A Stability Ball Russian Twist:
- Start seated on stability ball while holding medicine ball
- Roll onto your back so your back and neck are properly supported by the stability ball
- Keep your core activated the entire time
- Do not let your hips drop. Keep your hips lifted
- Lift medicine ball to the sky and rotate to your right side while rotating on shoulders
- Come back to center
- Then roll to the left side
- Then back to center
Start with 1-2 sets of 10-14 repetitions.
Do 3-4 sets of 14-20 repetitions.