Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Here is another soup from our Grand Re-Opening Party. The Loaded Baked Potato Soup was made by staff member, Melissa Drew.
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP (Serving Size: 6)
- 4-1/2 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon brown rice flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups organic free-range chicken broth
- 3 large baked potatoes, cubed (peeled optional)
- 1-1/2 cups organic half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used tobasco sauce).
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well.
- Gradually add chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. (I did this for about a half an hour on a low boil… or until potatoes are more tender)…. (but not too soft!)
- Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.
You can garnish with the bacon – or mix the bacon into the soup. Both are delicious. Also, add more or less hot sauce based on your preference. Another fun tip, add a “glug-glug” of white wine!