Ginger Essential Oil
Interested in Essential Oils? What about Ginger Oil?
Wild’s Oil of the Month: Ginger Oil
Health Benefits of Ginger Essential Oil
Ginger is well-known to have an effect on the digestive system, as well as the nervous system.
- Helps ease indigestion and nausea
- Promotes digestion
- Supports overall digestive health
- Warming to the body
One of the lesser known health benefits of ginger essential oil is the affect it has on our mental, emotional, and spiritual selves. Ginger has also been called the “oil of empowerment,” addressing feelings of powerlessness, patterns of fears of victimization, and creating an inner fire and strength to step into a role of leader in one’s own life.
Uses for Ginger Oil:
- Apply two to three drops in a diffuser, or place on a cotton ball or your handkerchief, and then inhale. This will help re-energize and revitalize your body, mind, and soul.
- Mix two to three drops in an ounce of carrier oil, and use as a massage oil. This helps relieve backache, arthritis, muscle pain, rheumatism, and fractures, as well as stimulate your circulatory system and revitalize your libido. You can also add it to your hot bath or put a few drops on a hot or cold compress, and then apply it to the affected areas.
- Inhale via a diffuser or vaporizer to relieve sinusitis, sore throat, and runny nose. It can also work as a decongestant.
- Massage a drop into your abdomen to relieve gas and diarrhea.