Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
I like to spend some time each week doing some food prep to set my week up for success – there’s less chance to veer from my nutrition plan if I have good choices ready in advance.
I can’t tell you how many times I hear “I just don’t have time for breakfast!” I get it, mornings can be a little crazy. I like to capitalize on my sleep time too! Plus if you have kids (like I do), you are probably spending your morning getting THEM ready, not yourself.
But the reality is that having a protein packed breakfast is going to help you in the long run. Its going to help keep you satiated, fight cravings and there’s a less likely chance you’ll fall off the wagon of your nutrition goals.
So what can we prep to make breakfast time run smooth and ensure we are setting ourselves up for SUCCESS?
I love prepping these Egg & Bacon Cups, I’ll make a dozen and stick them in a ziploc in the fridge. These are a great quick breakfast for me… and my kids usually dig in too.
I also like having these easy, homemade Protein Bars on hand, for all times of day, but also a great quick breakfast grab.
Here’s another make-ahead Breakfast option that I have been making for a few years, Chia Seed Coconut Pudding. Chia seeds are pretty great. They deliver protein, omega-three fatty acids, and fiber—and they taste heavenly when paired with fruit and coconut milk, as in this super-simple pudding. It’s low in calories and FILLING, which makes it a perfect breakfast option.
1 can of coconut milk
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla
Sprinkle of cinnamon
- blueberries, raspberries, peaches, mango – any fresh fruit makes this a great “parfait”
- raw nuts – I often add in raw, slivered almonds
- dried fruit/seeds – I’ve used dried cranberries, dried cherries and other dried fruits, just check to make sure there’s no added sugar in the dried fruits you’re choosing. Pepita/pumpkin seeds
- Mix chia seeds, coconut milk, and honey together in a small bowl or glass mason jar (I usually separate to 2-3 servings). Let it set in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove it from the fridge, and make sure your pudding looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled.
- Top with your choice of add-ins & ENJOY!